Why do dentists tell you that you need a new toothbrush every 6 months?
- 2 months agoFavourite answer
Toothbrushing plays an important everyday role for personal oral hygiene and effective plaque removal. Appropriate toothbrush care and maintenance are also important considerations for sound oral hygiene.
Some reasons why you should change your toothbrush:
- After around six months of usage, the toothbrush comes to the end of its life and gets to a point where it is no longer as effective for cleaning around the tooth surfaces and this also includes brush heads on electric toothbrushes.
- Research shows that a new toothbrush can remove more plaque than one that is worn out.
- As the bristles become worn they become more prone to bacterial or fungal growth.
- Using a toothbrush more than six months might give you dental problems, halitosis or bad breath.
- Worn out bristles can cause gum bleeding.
- LLv 51 month ago
Toothbrushes are NOT made to last forever.
- WillieLv 71 month ago
Because they all have stock on tooth brushes?.
- ArmourorLv 41 month ago
My dentist recommends every 3 months
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Blue noseLv 52 months ago
Because they sell them, like in my dentistry
- k wLv 72 months ago
to keep you convinced that it's all about cleaning the teeth, when it's all about the nutrition we eat.........not many people know....but Weston Price wrote all about it , and dentist can't control what you eat, as very little nutritional info is available they all got on the calorie bandwagon, and we stay confused listening to the dentist.....
- TasmLv 62 months ago
I don't know why they tell you to replace your toothbrush after only 6 uses.
- Andy CLv 72 months ago
Bacteria grow in the brushes. It accumulates over time.
- Walter BLv 72 months ago
-- Because the teeth on the toothbrush becomes too soft and needs replacing.
- JJLv 72 months ago
So you'll come back and visit them every six months to get a cleaning and free toothbrush.