Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Is it bad to wear a different brand contact lens than what is prescribed ?

My prescription is for Bio true dailies for Astigmatism but I recently bought Acuvue Oaysis for Astigmatism. I don't seem to have any issues with them they are very comfortable. Is it bad to wear another brand that I wasn't fitted for? Will I make my eyes worse? 

• Rico

If that happened in Australia, or another country where a prescription must be brand specific when filled, then your optician most likely included multiple options. 

If they work, there is probably no problem. We always feel that lenses for astigmatism may not work if they have not been evaluated by a professional. I can understand being reluctant to pay what dailies for astigmatism cost. If you are in the US, the company that you bought your lenses from broke the law when they sold them to you.

• Matt

no..................................

• balan

If the focal length,size etc are as per the  options  prescription brand dies nit matter.The optitions shop assistant will guide in selecting the correct type.Regards