Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 2 months ago

The sun melted and warped all my CDs that i left in my car. Is there a way to unwarp them? (Some kind of heat press machine or something)?

Im bumned out. Over 200 CD's all ruined. All those years of collecting down the drain...They look like pancakes/warped frisbees.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

No. Even if flattened again the disc will no longer be perfectly circular. 

In any case, distortion that bad permanently damages the layout and information on the reflective silver layer.

Even a slightly warped disc can destroy a CD laser head in moments, and if perfectly flattened a formerly slightly warped CD is often so out of balance that it won’t play reliably or even so bad that the vibration it produces causes it to hit the laser head, ruining it.

• bill
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You should have ripped them all down to mp3's at some point.

• garry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

you cant recover them , once warped they cant be flattened out , its the film inside them that holds the data , once that film is bent you cant straighten it out .

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Next time you're on the freeway, look at those cargo trucks. They make good use of unwanted CD/DVD's.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. there is no way to undo that. 

This kind of event is called "experience" --- 

something you get only After you need it.  

Remember it and go on with life.                        

There were times in the past when I bought over 200 CDs in ONE year. 

But I have Always known better than to leave them in an environment 

that could damage them!  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Try to play them and see if they can still be played  If they can be played, then  can copy the music to the hard drive and burn some replacements.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.