Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 2 months ago

How can an adult who is back in school after a long time figure out how to freaking focus?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

With age comes judgment.  I was out of school for a few years before going back for my Ph.D. and I was very worried about the lapse.  Instead, I found it much easier to identify important information, which streamlined my studying.  That took a lot less effort than the 'shot gun' approach to studying I'd had as an undergrad.

• 1 month ago

Just practice.  Remove distractions from the places where your study.  But if your focus doesn't improve soon, maybe you should see a psychologist; you might have Attention Deficit Disorder.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Unfortunately, the workforce and people around us teach us to lack focus especially if you work in a job where distractions are constant (or you live with someone who needs something every 5 minutes).

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

By not using coarse expressions, or even euphemisms for them, in serious questions.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Expat
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

What’s the problem? As an older student you should be able to exercise self discipline and apply yourself to your work when you need to do it. Focus is a choice just as distractions and procrastination are choices. Are you serious about your studies? If you are, find the focus and get it done. 

• 2 months ago

That would depend on the person. Every person is different and would have different challenges. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

if you cant focus maybe you should get checked for ADD

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.