Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

Does this look like an allergic reaction? ?

I did a patch test before dyeing my hair and this is what it looked like after half an hour. It was burning a little bit while it was on my skin. The instructions say not to use it if your skin gets red but my skin is really sensitive so i think some redness should be normal. The redness is already fading and it's not burning or itching. Should I risk it? 

It is an allergy so try a different hair dye

I tried a different kind of dye and didn't have a reaction this time. Thank you for the answers, i'll make sure to avoid this brand in the future

Hope you didn't use it, that's a allergy.

You experienced burning and redness.

That is a reaction.

It is for this reason you do acpatch test.

It is up to you if you risk it but you only have yourself to blame if the reaction causes all your hair to fall out or burns and scaring  of your scalp.

Yes a reaction can be expected if you have sensetive skin and that is precicely why you need to do patch tests and avoid products that cause a reaction.