Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 2 months ago

What should someone do if they found a snake near the toilet in their home ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Depends on whether it is venomous or not.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Near or in?  Try to capture the snake in a large container and take it outside and release it.

• Newton
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on whether they know anything about snakes. If they do know, they can probably figure out whether it is venomous or not. If it is not venomous, they can probably pick it up and bring it outdoors. If it is venomous then they shouldn't try picking it up and may need to call for help. If a person does not know snakes, and doesn't know whether it is venomous or not, he/she should call for help after shutting the bathroom door and plugging the gap between the door and the floor with cloth towels or other clothing.

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on the snake and the person. As someone who's comfortable handling nonvenomous reptiles, if it is a nonvenomous native species, I would simply pick it up and release it outdoors. For a venomous snake, I'd call a wildlife control company to retrieve it. For someone's escaped nonvenomous pet, I'd pick it up, bag it in a pillowcase or put it in a large storage tub with air holes drilled in the lid (depending on size of snake), and call animal control.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Depends on the snake. If you can't tell one from another, get help from the nearest herpetologist. Often, herp societies will pick up snakes for you. Sometimes universities do too. Every time New Orleans flooded, we could count on calls to the Zoology Department at Tulane to pick up "water moccasins" (nonvenomous water snakes), "coral snakes" (any of the various ringed supposed-mimics, all non-venomous), or rattlesnakes (a tiny brown/DeKay's snake).

• 2 months ago

Leave it alone and call Animal Control immediately. Or your local fish and wildlife officer.

• 2 months ago

Call animal control right away

• 2 months ago

I would pick it up and set it loose outside in some wilderness.  Unless it was one huge boa constrictor, then I would need help and it would go to the animal shelter.

• 2 months ago

Just call the animal control so they can remove it and take it to a different area

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

call animal control or spray it with pepper spray 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.