Why does TSA prohibit you from Drinking water? ?

I was traveling and the TSA said my water was " contraband", I told them I as well as all living things need it to live. I said I would drink the water but was told if I did that, I would not be allowed to fly. Does the TSA prohibit you from drinking water or do they hire very stupid people. I fear what they would do if I told them the human body has a large % of water (contraband).  

• L

You can NOT, go through TSA, with a bottle of water.  You must wait until you've passed the TSA area and then buy a bottle of water from one of the shops.

Because they can't tell whether it's really just water or actually something else that would explode during the flight and kill everyone.

"All living things need it to live."  I'm sure that went over well with the TSA.  Things can be hidden, even in water.

They aren't prohibiting your from possessing or drinking water, it's because some explosives can be clear fluids. Water has been contraband at bag checking for years for this reason. Once you are through the barrier you can buy as much water as you like.

Because it could just be contaminated.

• Bruce

They do not prohibit you from drinking water. They prohibit you from bringing water through a security check point. You can purchase and drink all the water you want once you pass the screening area. 

its just a scam tactic to get you to buy expensive water in the airport....but they say no liquids on board because...liquids could be a bomb in disquise...or so they say