What are your thoughts on this artwork?

Update:

Thanks very much for your input wfischer. I am familiar with the Hairy Who, and I think they're great, but Karl Wirsum is definitely my favorite.

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Distortion in a nightmare circus or a wealthy, addict, entertainer, who can't accept his addiction problem, he/she rather die lost, addicted in a twisted world that gives him an unreal happiness, but it can be his doom if he doesn't wise up. I knew someone like that. I also had a dream that kinda look like this, creepy & sad.

• 1 month ago

I woke up from a nightmare of being chased in an dark abandoned house by an old lady.  I came to this site to distract and ground myself.  This image didnt help.  Theres a group of Chicago artist from the late 60s called the "Hairy Who?". Your image is reminiscent of their work.  I would recommend checking them out.  Have a good day.  

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Standard modern stuff.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Dennis, you are moving further and further from the truth

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well, it's a very bizarre piece.  It seems like it's trying to convey some kind of meaning, but that meaning is lost in the confusion of trying to figure out what this is showing us.  It has a surprising level of detail so I'll give it credit there.  Overall I don't quite know what to make of it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Confused, has no meaning, can't make out what it is, would not have it hanging up anywhere.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hell is that.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.