Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 2 months ago

What could possibly be wrong with headphones?

My kid's school recently sent out a letter regarding home instruction due to COVID. They are doing everything at home until November and then reevaluating based on the number of cases at that time.

The one thing that struck me as odd was that they were very specific: When doing the online classes, NO HEADPHONES, STRICTLY EARBUDS. What could possibly be wrong with headphones? I specifically bought a fairly expensive pair for my son with the expectation that he would be able to use them for the whole school year if necessary. I do not see why I now have to buy an expensive pair of earbuds for him to wear when I already have a perfectly good set of headphones. What could their issue possibly be?

A simple pair of ear buds will only handle the computer sound, Headphones could have radio receiver built in.

• bill

That's silly. Use what you want.

Ask the school

f them use what you got and if they dont like it log off!

Contact the school for an explanation. 

Personally I wouldn't willingly use anything that went inside any part of the ear.

That restriction seems ridiculous without a clear explanation. 

I would contact the school and press Very hard, if necessary, 

for a technically valid reason, and if one was not delivered, 

I would go with headphones anyway. 

Of course, since I know a lot about the subject, I would be better equipped 

than many people are to handle the likely BS answers that might be offered.  

Earbuds can be cheap. The AKG earbuds are high quality and sells for less than $20 online.

contact the school and ask.