Is it true that all wars are based on culture?

What is an example of a war where culture played no role?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The following lists 9 wars fought over commodities:

https://www.businessinsider.com/nine-wars-that-wer... But, because racism/bigotry has been such a powerful agent across the yrs., the aggressor may have taken into consideration the inferiority of peoples ripe to be conquered ... if that's what you mean by culture.

• Prince
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Well, personally, I think that's being awfully unfair to Greed.

• 2 months ago

Culture. Religion. Greed. Humans are innately evil. There are a few good ones like vegans etc, but the vast majority are evil and selfish and cruel. 

• 2 months ago

food water. land conquest an free free free women

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

no,,, but your definition of culture may not be what mine is 

most wars are over money and power as most disagreements 

IE: Japan felt financially isolated in WWII thus why they started the pacific war 

so fact much of it based on misunderstanding -- still the war occurred and they began to reinvigorate past culture hates of China and Korea ---

if remembering war of past is what you describe as culture and willingness to reprise OK

IE: my buddy is Korean and he is 63 his hate is of communist China... his mothers hate is of Japan

both based on the memories of their minds  --- 

• Kate
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wouldn't say culture based but certainly religious, economy, power over others.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

no, not really......................

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

An interesting theory, which has some  merit. Quite probably 'culture' was not on the minds of many people who instigated wars.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on how you define culture.

• 2 months ago

i would hope not

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.