Help identifying this object?

Found this object metal detecting, it appears to be a lead figure of a woman holding her breasts, does anyone know what year this dates back to, what it was used for, and if it possibly has any value? 

It was found in bristol united kingdom

• John

To me it looks old enough to take the trouble to show it to a museum. Not ancient but pretty old.....

• Lili

It could be a copy of an ancient fertility figure or it could be the real thing. I think you should show it to a specialist.  Send the photo to a curator at the British Museum. I suggest the Department of Britain, Europe, and Prehistory.

• Marli

Show it to a museum curator or an antique appraiser.

It's the ancient Celtic Goddess "Marrgoh" who was once revered in my neck of the woods, many years ago. In the 1970's, I think. And by that I mean this is *the* Celtic Goddess Marrgoh. The actual Goddess. Not a representation, but the real thing. She was lost, but is now found. Be aware that holding this most sacred entity is dangerous. You must give her back to us. Now, or beware the consequences, foolish one.

• Katy M

It may help to know in what geograhical area you found it.