Are churches open in the USA right now during COVID?

Can people in the USA just go to church and stand in the pews like they did before COVID?

• Lili

Most American churches and other houses of worship (synagogues, mosques, Hindu temples, etc.) are imposing social-distancing rules. Many also require mask-wearing.  Some are just not holding in-person services at all for the time being. They may hold online services.

But there are some -- usually in the south and belonging to Christian evangelical congregations -- that are refusing to take any precautions.  Some of those have had real virus outbreaks.

The one on my block is having outdoor social distance services. I see them every Sunday it doesn't rain.

Can people in the USA just go to church and stand in the pews like they did before COVID?  Only in covidiot churches.  It's going to be a case of natural selection.  The gene pool will be healthier because of it.

The smart churches have limited seating, and strict social distancing and mask-wearing.

Many are open but monitored.

• User

Some are

Some aren't.

Each state has its own COVID policy

and

some states are "doing business as usual"

some have very limited mandatory precautions (e.g. everyone has to wear face masks when in public, six feet distance rule)

and some states have more strict regulations in place, including churches and other sorts of public gathering places being closed by rule of law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/natio...

We are open.  Our church never closed.  No government has the right to tell us that we can't assemble.  So we are physically meeting, and have been the whole time.  "Covid-19" doesn't exist. The whole thing is a power grab.  The "covid-19" thing is a hoax.  People die of the flu every year.  You are a victim of the media.  Everything you're obeying, is from the lying media and the lying "experts".  "Covid-19" doesn't exist at all.  Masks just suffocate the wearer.  I don't wear a mask, I don't "practice social distancing", and I refuse any vaccine that may come.  All vaccines are poisons that will kill many. "Covid-19" doesn't exist at all, but the ventilators are killers.  And others died of pre-existing conditions and the flu at very old ages.  And some "death stats" were made up out of thin air. The mask is for the easy to deceive masses.  It's a power grab to train people that you can't buy or sell without having a certain something, and in the future, some will be trained for the mark of the beast.  I refuse the mask.  But they can wear theirs and suffocate in their own CO2.  I don't believe the media or the "experts".  Most of the masses believe them unquestioningly, as a good obedient part of the masses.  Interesting how the immune system worked easily for all man's history with zero masks.  Interesting how all the "experts" said to avoid all masks at the start of this scam.  Interesting how they are into fear pornography.  So they can wear their masks, and stay home.  They don't think for themselves.  They obey their masters, which are the media and the "experts".  They shouldn't forget to buy goggles because their master Fauci said to.

Not the smart ones.

Some of the churches near me are still doing online services, some are doing outdoor services, and some are taking reservations to keep numbers within the safe range.  Of course there are very few science-denying fundie churches where I live; most are run by rational people who know that the virus is real and Jesus isn't magically keeping it out of churches.

• Ronald

Well there's an easy way to find out..

You can at the churches run by irresponsible people but most are still doing online services or using other means to hold services without people actually assembling at the church. Those packing the pews call themselves Christian but their lack of concern for their parishioners' health shows they are more motivated by collection plate greed than Christian ideals and messaging.