Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Could they report him as kidnapped ?

I’m taking my son on a trip that my parents do NOT agree with. They do not want me to take him on this trip at all because they’re worried about him traveling for the first time. Since they don’t want me to take my son on this trip, could they report him as kidnapped?

I’m his legal guardian 

He is your child. And if they're worried about him travelling for the first time do they just expect him to never travel? Your parents are overprotective unless they give you a reason that resonates with you and/or you feel like you shouldn't bring him then do it. And no they cannot because he would be with his legal guardian.

• Tj

NO they cannot. You are the legal parent and can do as you please.

No, you are the legal guardian, so there is no "kidnapping" involved.  However, if you are legally separated or divorced, you may have an order in place restricting you from taking him beyond a certain distance, check it out.  But WHY , exactly, don't they want you to take him traveling? You didn't give his age, how far you are planning to go, what you will be doing, so it is not possible to advise you further without more information, including his own mother's wishes and concerns, but you can write us again.

If you are the legal guardian then no they cannot.

If they're his legal guardians, sure.

• g

Your parents have to agree about your parenting choices?? They *can* do anything they wish - but the fact is, you're not breaking the law or presumably endangering your child. Why is this even an issue? Do you live with them, are you not an adult?

It's YOUR son your decision! Its not good time to go on trips but still Taking Your kid on picnic can't be kidnapping. Kid's Grandparent can't report kid's parent for taking him out on picnic.

• Rick

sure, they can, but they can also get a 'filing a false police report' charge ..   So, IF you go, make sure some of your friends know you two are going ..........