Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Do you feel that cannabis is anti Christian?

If so, could you explain your reason(s) why. I understand it can be potentially harmful if not used in moderation. However, in contrast to cigarettes, alcohol and all the nasty other things we put in our body, even unconsciously, weed is the least harmful of these things. 

Weed is sorcery? You can call me wizard kid then.

Yes, I do.  The Lord forbids the use of recreational drugs  like alcohol, etc.

Potentially harmful?  Kiss your short-term memory good-bye.  There's a reason why cannabis users are called $#!+heads.  It also places our brains in disallowed states and makes us think we've experienced God when in fact we haven't.

Plants aren't "anti" anything.  Get real.

Many people who smoke dope believe that.

Smoking pot is wrong. Marijuana edibles are a good thing.

• Jake

A person can battle recreational drug use and other sins using the rosary and fasting.  Jesus exists and is God.

1Co 3:16 "Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" As a believer, you are Gods temple in other words, you are His dwelling place. Cannabis damages the mind, you can become addicted, and you would be forsaking God in the way of seeking other things other than Christ. I would say more but I would keep this short 

• Sean

There are those who think it is "anti-Christian", but that isn't the case. Only things God says not to do are anti-Christian if you do them. God has made no regulation on cannabis. There are some things he has made restrictions on.

-Obey the laws of your nation.

-For the same reason we should not be drunk, we should not be under the power of a substance to where we lose control of ourselves like a fool.

-Just because we can, and have the freedom to use it, doesn't mean that we should.

State laws in America supersede Federal laws on subjects like this, and so it is legal to take if it is in your state. You should be mindful of this though. Make sure your state isn't reversing its position.

Some say that the only reason you take cannabis is to get high. Some would say the same about coke, but that isn't true. There are natural uses of these plants that stem back long into history. Weed has been a popular Eastern Indian drink for many centuries and is considered healthy. It's not necessarily taken because it's weed. In the same way, coke leaves are chewed because it helps regulate your blood for high elevations in Peru. So to say it's inherently evil is incorrect. What you do with it matters. It is the same with alcohol and cigarettes and anything else.

Just because we have the freedom to take cannabis, doesn't mean we should. We know it can mess with your brain, and we don't understand what it works with and what it doesn't work with. You should only take it if you have tried many other things and typically for medical reasons. It is true that people like Abraham Lincoln used to smoke hemp, but these were extremely mild versions of what we have today. If we were to do the same, it wouldn't be a problem, but going to a store today and buying cannabis to smoke is likely to put you in an altered state of mind, which we should avoid.

Yup. I was a pothead into my twenties and now I can't remember my name or find my shoes. I looked all over for them but they're nowhere to be found.

Oh wait, there they are. I'm wearing them. But they're on the wrong feet. Now refresh my memory, what was your question again? 

🤔

weed smoking is a form of sorcery it alters the mind. all illegal drugs are wrong to take because it is against the law to be doing them. if the doctor does not prescribe you medicine and you take someone eles's medicine you are doing wrong Revelations 21:8 says all those who do sorcery will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Thanks for the question.

Sure, IF used in moderation, but not many weed smokers use it in moderation. Most become addicted and they go psycho when they can't get any.