vic asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

When ancient civilizations left records they were visited by gods do you think they were describing space aliens?

It s possible I think 

maybe..........

Source(s): x
  • blu

Any and all so-called "record evidence" has ambiguous interpretations that may or many not have been tampered with to embellish possibilities that lure people like you. As long as you keep ingesting Ancient Aliens, "Hollywood" is going to continue feeding because it's a money maker.

You need to follow f/ beginning to end what it takes to produce one episode to know what I'm talking about. You're only seeing the 'contrived' finished product.

Oak Island is a similar "product" for me ... people guessing, speculating, postulating, extrapolating etc. I'll wait for the last episode and save a bunch of time.

Yes it s possible.

But then ancient civilisations did not leave records they were visited by gods, did they?

• Fred

It is unlikely.  Man has always had this impression that god is up in the sky above us.  Maybe the religious leaders strengthened their power by claiming that god had come down from the sky and spoken to them, recording it in their temple stones and parchments to keep the belief alive.

• Lomax

No, that's impossible.

There are about 250 billion stars in our galaxy, and there are almost as many galaxies. It is inconceivable that we live on the only planet in the universe on which intelligent life evolved. There are a trillion other sentient species out there.

But.

Space is big. Really mind-bogglingly big. The likelihood is that our nearest cosmic neighbour is fifty light years away - maybe more. Maybe much more.

Given the limiting factor of the speed of light, it is simply impossible that any aliens could've visited us in the past, or that any ever will.

And before you ask - I'm quite prepared to accept that other species may be far more advanced than we are, technologically. But that they can circumvent the laws of physics? No.

I do not think they were describing space aliens.

Nope. ...........