Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

my hamsters been missing for 3 days, what should i do? ?

someone left the cage door open a few days ago and my hamster escaped. i last saw him yesterday, and haven’t seen him since, he hasn’t eaten any food and i haven’t seen any sign of him. help????

• Rick

It`s likely up inside the lower portion of one of your pieces of furniture.  Over time, the cloth under a piece of furniture might get torn a little and this gives access to small critters like your hamster.  It`s nice and dark in there.  Tip up each piece and see if it could have gotten in.  Keep leaving a little food & water here and there if you can.  You may find out a little about where it is by what food is disappearing. It probably had it`s cheeks full of food when it got loose but that can`t last forever.  Good luck.  

• Joe

what happenned when you seen him yesterday, did he run away? I reccomend searching every square inch of your room, moove stuff around, make sure hes not in the room, then move to the next room, close doors so he cant get into areas you searched, you could solve this problem in a few hours, if hes not able to find food and water he will die, maybe leave out water and food somewhere so hopefully he finds it, id take measure and start looking