What do you think about pedophiles?Should they go to jail?

Or be given the death penalty?

Go to jail and get stiffer prison sentences, they should get fewer privileges in jail/prison and should be allowed to be taunted and bullied by the other inmates.

Justice proportionate to the crime should always be implemented...

Some answerers here aren't thinking about the longterm permanent effects of certain ordeals... how victims end up permanently dealing with the aftermath for the rest of their lives... PTSD... etc.

They are favoring the criminals (IMO) with a lenient approach... a cold-hearted approach that seems like some kind of political, careerist stance.

Pedophilia is a psychological condition. We don't prosecute people for thoughts. So someone with this who never offends shouldn't be arrested of course. It's the actions of someone who can't control their impulses and victimizes someone else that we need to be concerned with. 

They usually get knighthood from the Queen of England.

They should be beaten to a pulp, stoned publicly, then suffer a rehab behind bars, that would drive them crazy, then a swift death penalty.  Not the injection.  It's too good for them.  The chair is good.  Watch their brains fry and smoke come out of their ears.

• xyzzy

Of course pedophiles should not go to jail unless they commit some crime and are found guilty of that crime. To send someone to jail for being a pedophile make about as much sense as sending someone to jail because they are left handed.

neither they should be monitered though

Pedophiles should not go to jail. It is not illegal to be a pedophile. 

It IS illegal to have sex with children, and THOSE people should be prosecuted and go to jail if convicted. 

• Expat

This is an interesting and difficult topic. Do I think pedophiles who act on their impulses should be punished? YES! Absolutely! It is, however, a documented mental illness, so I do not believe people who have such impulses should be punished simply because they have them, and instead need therapy and help to control their desires. I don’t think there’s a mental affliction more terrible than that, or at least that I can imagine, than to be attracted to children that way. I know of two pedophiles I knew throughout my life that are both in prison now- one was repeatedly raped by his aunt as a child and the other - a former roommate in boarding school- I don’t know what in his past may have led him to molest boys he was coaching little league. I was molested at a Cub Scout summer camp by a doctor, but that experience didn’t make me want to molest children, so I cannot say how it happens, but as humans we can control our impulses so it must be punished when they do fail to control themselves. 

• John

Only ii you can prove their crimes.