Anonymous

What do I do?

So I think this question may not be able to get answered on here but I’ll give it a shot. I registered for this bio class at my university and since we’re in a middle of a pandemic, they moved everything online. I noticed that this Biology class has no instructor named on the thing so I thought it would update later on but I finally logged into my BlackBoard which is like Canva I’m guessing and the Bio class doesn’t even show up on there. There’s no way to email anybody since it says it has no instructor. This was the only class that could fit my working schedule for Bio and I’m already paying for it so like do I just wait it out since classes start on Aug 24? But I’m getting worried since my Math professor already added a syllabus and everything. I don’t even know who to email about this.. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it; my classes just posted today, and my classes start on Monday (8/17)!

Why not contact your advisor and ask whether there's a due date for posting syllabuses etc.? They might be able to contact the biology department and get a status update on which professor has been assigned to the class and when you can expect a syllabus to be posted. 

Email the Chair of the biology department. There's a web page for that department and contact info on it. 

I start 4 classes on Aug 19 and none of them are on Canvas yet

You should be able to email the registrar's office, your academic advisor, the head of the Biology department, and or the Dean of Students.  The email addresses should be available through your portal or just on the university website.  

Any of those people can get some answers. 

Since you do not even know who to email about this I would suggest visiting your university's website to find the email addresses of your university officials and send each one a copy of your story.  This way everyone will know what is going on and one of them should be able to answer your question.  They can also review the information given to each student to make sure all students know who they should contact when they have questions like this.