Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Does anyone actually drink 8 glasses of water a day?

I've been worried that I could be a little bit dehydrated lately, so I was wondering if anyone actually does this? I certainly don't lol

I drink a lot of soda (sugar free) every day, I'm guessing it doesn't count towards hydration though..

Just because I said I drink sugar free soda a lot it doesnt mean I have a bad diet. I eat lots of fruit, veg, meat etc, plus I’ve been doing this half my life and never suffered any problems, so please dont judge from what you see! 

I sure don't.  The only water I drink is in my coffee.  And I'm 86 years old.

• it is good if you drink 8 glasses water, I drink 8 glasses every day,,   

Depends on the weather.  If it's hot and or im exercising I can easily drink two litres or more. Diet soda is fluid but it usually contains chemicals the body doesn't need or use. It's a habit that can be changed if you want to. 

I drink 24 a day but also drink 24 cups of coffee minimum, 18 shots, 10 beers, 11 rums, 16 fl oz of whiskey and a ton if rice in a cup each day. Sometimes sweet tea, too.

I don't keep track but I probably drink close to 8 glasses a day..

I had a kidney stone 7 years ago and do NOT want that ever again.

BTW, soda is terrible for hydration and the "fizz" comes from phosphoric acid. Yes, acid. Think about that.

Beer is mostly water.

• denise

I have maybe 3 glasses,  but I do have many cups of tea, so it could work out as more.

You need the equivalent of about 8 glasses of liquid per day. Your normal food can supply a large amount of the liquid you need to stay properly hydrated. 

But 8 glasses is only about 2 quarts, and isn't really all that much. A glass is about 4 mouthfuls. A mouthful is about 50 ml. So, a better count would be about two mouthfuls of liquid an hour, and you'd probably do well with one mouthful an hour

Close enough.  A glass of water is only 8 ounces. I drink about 2 tumblers of coffee with milk. That’s about 24 ounces total. Then I drink about 2 cans of sparkling water or soda. So that’s another 3 glasses. Then I’ll drink about 1 or 2 glasses when I wake up in the middle of yet night. 

• Murzy

I drink half my weight in ounces.

• Rick

I usually go thru close to a gallon of iced tea a day, but it's 135 outside RIGHT NOW and the humidity is -8-.