Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 month ago

What happens if your milage expense is more than the taxable income you make from doordashing?

say I made 50 dollars from a shift and my milage expense was 15 dollars. Does this mean I won't be taxed at all?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You hire a tax professional to PROPERLY compute your tax liability. It is MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for what you claim to be true.

• 1 month ago

Um, you earned 50 and had 15 worth of mileage, then you have $35 of taxable net profit.

If your expenses are actually greater than your earnings then you'd have $0 net profit (or a negative profit which is a loss).

But you aren't taxed per shift. At the end of the year you will report all of your earnings and all of your expenses and pay tax on the net profit.

• 1 month ago

You tax is based on the totals for the year, not on individual shifts.  If your expense for the year was more than your doordash income for the year, then you wouldn't pay tax on your doordash income.  You might pay some tax on other income.

• 1 month ago

You learn that flipping burgers for minimum wage is a better deal than Door Dash is giving you even on a good day.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your mileage expenses and income are totals for the year, not per shift.

• NA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you made $50 and had $15 of expenses, you would have income of $35 and would be taxes on it.  If you make more than $400 in a year, you would owe self-employment tax in addition to income tax.

If you made $15 and had $50  of expenses, you would have a loss of $35.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

$15 is less than $50. Work on your math.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.