Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 5 months ago

Can chemicals stop vibrations?

If the ears hear vibrations and converts the energy into audible sounds & speech, then brain converts what is audible into electrical signals which is recognised by the brain, is there a chemical to stop this process?

People who hear voices are told that there is medicine available to stop the voices, and I have found that to be a lie. I am searching for a second opinion.

You mean a chemical to make you deaf? Why would you want that? Nobody wants that. My conclusion is the voices only stop, once a person stops talking and sound only stops if the machine is turned off or move away from the sound where distancing will fade away the sound.

In reality there is no chemical to stop the electrical pulses responsible for sound and speech in the brain.

• EddieJ

"Commonly used medicines that may cause hearing loss include: Aspirin, when large doses (8 to 12 pills a day) are taken. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen and naproxen. Certain antibiotics, especially aminoglycosides (such as gentamicin, streptomycin, and neomycin)."

You mean a chemical to make you deaf? Why would you want that?