Which method is good for birth control ?

Being celibate.

• Prince

Celibacy. Total abstinance from contact with the opposite sex.

• F

Don’t get drunk!

Something that hasn't been tried yet is issuing every girl as she reaches puberty with a copy of Adam Kay's true-life doctor experiences, "This Is Going To Hurt". He specialised in obstetrics and his stories of pregnancy, birth, miscarriage, and simple gruesomeness would put you off pregnancy for life.

bestiality is a pretty safe solution. Just make sure that if it happens to be with horses, that its only between 2-3 pm, otherwise they tend to kick. Be careful of raccoons, if they don't run away at first, it could be that they have rabies.

• denise

Abstinance………….

Risa, no method other than abstinence is 100% reliable.

I was married, taking birth control pills, and using condoms properly every single time when I became pregnant. People say that's not possible, but I have a daughter who begs to differ.

I do recommend that if a pregnancy would be a disaster, the couple use two forms of birth control at all times. Overlapping failures are rare.

Although obviously they do happen. Luckily she was the best baby imaginable.

• Tina

Talk to a trusted friend who has just had a baby.

• Marli

Since you asked in "Books and Authors ":

Dewey Decimal  Class 613.9Library of Congress subject heading:Birth control.

Did you ask in the health category as well?

I suggest that, after your library opens, or you use your libry's online catalog and type "birth control" and request a book or two and read them, that you consult with your doctor.  Celibacy is the best option, but if it's not for you, you should have a consultation at least, if not an examination.  The Pill or the schedule of taking it may need monitoring. Not all women all alike.

• Zac Z

I'd suggest several CCTV cameras at different angles in the delivery room.

Seriously, though, condoms -if properly used!- are a very effective method of birth control, as are hormonal methods ("the pill").

And Barry is right, of course, not having sex in the first place will do the trick, too. But this is not exactly desirable for many couples, and even those who intent to stay celibate may succumb to their natural drives - there's a reason why teenage pregnancy is especially high among religiously motivated teens who vowed celibacy.

Another method would be sex practices that do not include vaginal penetration, i.e. oral sex.

@ Tina: Hilarious - and quite true!   ;-)