Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Debunked!  Liberal protests over the summer didn't cause spikes in Covid-19?  Why do conservatives cling to this narrative?

• martin

If this is proven true, then there's a lot of false information about masks and social distancing.

Isn't it you lefties whining about gatherings like church, parties, funerals, weddings and voting spreading the plague?  Why are people gathering to commit terrorist acts any different?  You commies think you're somehow above infection?

Covid must be a woke virus that knows not to infect people who have the appropriate political affiliations.

Source(s): lol @ a 2 month old article written right before a gigantic nation-wide spike in covid.

even if you believe that obvious partisan "logic".... you have to understand the effect they DID have....

in their refusal to enforce consistent standards, city mayors basically castrated their law enforcement agencies and left them no credibility to enforce ANY standards...

since the protests, bars and restaurants around Los Angeles have been packed with young people (the very same "protest demographic")... many of these bars and restaurants are spilling out onto sidewalks with additional seating, drawing even bigger crowds of maskless folks sitting shoulder to shoulder for hours at a time..

remember how that one barber in Michigan was being called a "killer" because he dared to open his shop and cut clients' hair outdoors?  guess what....beauty shops and nail salons across Los Angeles are moving stations outside and serving clients every day now...

...all this is because people are sick of seeing rules for them not being applied to everyone equally.... and local police agree with them...

so even if you ignore the fact that the massive spike in LA County COVID cases in June coincided with the end of May protests....even if you ignore the fact that the spike involved a younger demographic then previous trends... even if you refuse to consider those two factors... the simple fact that the spikes did come after enforcement across the county slackened..... and slackened as a direct result of those protests...

• not

Large gatherings of the left don't cause spikes. It's very interesting. None of my research finds that I am an ashhole yet people find me to be an ashhole. I guess I only find what I set out to find.

They cling to it because they are racist, and want to stop the patriotic non-violent BLM protests.