Should I stay or quit my job?

I’m currently an administrative assistant at a hospital full time. I mean I like the job I can work from home sometimes and they give good benefits but the pay is terrible its $10/hr. I’m working here because I’m trying to be a surgical technologist and they let me view the surgeries/process paperwork for them sometimes. They also will reimburse me for the classes if I get an a B or higher which is nice. The program would take normally 2 years full time but at the rate I’m going at it’ll take 4+ years. I can only afford one class a semester due to the low pay and I can’t get a second job because the one I’m at now requires for me to be on call. I don’t qualify for financial aid/scholarships because my parents make too much and I can’t get a loan because my parents messed up my credit by taking credit cards out in my name and never paying them off. Is this job even worth it? I can find a job as a restaurant worker or retail store that pays more with at least $13-14/hr. 

you are still your parents dependant? if your independant it doesnt matter what your parents make. student loans arent based on your credit. they are based on the goverents credit. your financial aide is really based on your grades so a B or above should get it to you.

I would say yes. you should keep your job.

Tuition reimbursement is a valuable perk! A few dollars more per hour do not make up for that. Furthermore, you're getting experience in a hospital setting, making contacts & connections, possibly giving yourself a leg up when you fulfill your education goals. 

If your parents opened credit cards in your name & failed to pay them off, they committed identity theft, identity fraud, and financial fraud. Tell them to cough up money for school & pay off the credit cards to restore your credit or you will file police reports & complaints with the District Attorney/Public Prosecutor for their felonies. They pay or go to jail. 

Sounds like there are pros and cons to keeping the job: reimbursement is great, that could be worth it right there if you are a good student. Not to mention the fact that if you are a good employee, they are familiar with you when it comes to searching for the career you really want after school is done. What about the benefits? Do those make up for the lower pay? Making a bit more in another position, but with fewer benefits or more expensive benefits might not be helpful for you. However, you may be able to finish your program sooner if you are making more money. Have you calculated the difference between a slightly higher paying position and the one you are in now? Would you be able to pay for more classes at a time and actually reduce your schooling time? There are scholarships you could still apply for, more merit-based rather than need based if your parents' income prevents you but there are options. 

I think it comes down to whether you are getting Bs in your classes and how much the classes cost. From your post, it sounds like school currently doesn't cost you anything as long you get an A or B.  Even with a raise in pay, losing the tuition reimbursement might not be a win for you.

If you can't afford to earn less money or get a loan -- and your parents are unwilling to help you out financially, then you really don't have the option of taking more classes.  I would also suggest that doing hospital admin work is probably nicer than working at a retail store or restaurant.  Of course, you might think differently. 

• drip

If you pay for on class, earn a B then get paid by your employer for that class, can’t you use that money for one class next semester? Then pay for one more class yourself. Then get reimbursed for those two classes. And be able to use that. Money for the next semester. Cost of tuition reimbursement may off set low hour wages. 

You need to get your credit cleared. This will haunt you your whole life. You won’t be able to rent an apartment or buy a car or home.    You may need to file fraud charges.  

It really depends on where you live and the minimum wage in that area. I highly doubt a retail store will pay more then minimum wage unless your in a management position. I suggest asking your boss to cut down your hours and if they don't then quit and look elsewhere. You might have to take out a loan on college and paying it off later if you can't afford it right know. It is very difficult to go to college and work full-time. Some people have done it but it may require some sleepless nights which can run havoc on your health which is also important. 

• A

you have an opportunity to advance yourself.   Save up and take the first class, as soon as you get reimbursed take a second one and use that money to pay for it, and just repeat.  Working in retail or restaurant the hours can vary and you may end up with less than full time and make less money in the long run