How do I help my son get out of playing fortnite and start playing Minecraft?

I tried asking his friends but due to my not so tech-savvy skills, I couldn't really get him to pick up what I was putting down. My son is nine and I am concerned that he isn't going to be the intelligent cool kid I wanted him to be. We played a couple of Minecraft games so I think he might be getting somewhere in the fun world. If you have any tips on helping me, they would be greatly appreciated.

Lol you should've gave him paper boy 2 on super Nintendo. Really though I've seen 7 year olds on halo and cod waw natzi zombies. Lol I'm not a fan of either fortnight or minecraft but that's just me, besides that you shouldn't worry if your kid's going to be cool, he just needs to be himself, confident, and strong. If you want him to be intelligent, teach him chess, I was in chess club in 3rd grade and it's taught me to always think ahead. Maybe it'll help him be more considerent if that's your real worry

first of all you're forcing minecraft on your son which is very wrong secondly fortnite is a very and i mean very cool game and if he wants to play it let him and no one on here is going to give you tips on how to get him to stop so why don't you look up fortnite and see what all the fuss is about you might learn something!

I've found that kids won't always like what you like.  They are not a mini-you. 

Unless there are other reasons than "I don't like Fortnite but like Minecraft", I think you should let them like what they like.

Source(s): Myself: Parent of three adults.