Do you think the future has already happened? ?

Think about this. What if time is on one continuum. And that the future has already happened? Take me, for example. Say that reincarnation is real, and what if my future lives have already happened? 

I definitely ponder, this, and for all I know it might be true. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

What you are trying to describe is called the block universe. Space and time form a 4 dimensional block of spàcetime. It doesn't change, nothing in it moves, it just exists. Time is part of the block. The upper part is the future, the lower part is the past. All of time, past and future, just exist. Einstein believed in this model. Relativity seems to favor this view. 

Nobody knows why we feel time flowing. Nobody knows what makes the NOW moment special. Nobody knows what time really is. 

• 5 months ago

The future, by definition, has NOT already happened. In fact there is no future and there is no past. Neither exist. There is only the present. There are only records of the past, and probabilities for many possible futures. Which future becomes reality is only determined when we get there.

• 5 months ago

This is impossible to prove. In some religions, it's called predestination. The future hasn't yet happened, but what WILL happen is already known to God. 

If that's what you mean, then I don't believe in this

• 5 months ago

If the future has already happened, it would be called the past.  And reincarnation does NOT exist

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I have already answered this, next week.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Put down the bong hippie. Time isn't a circle, it just goes on.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The future hasn't happened yet, but the Lord who knows all, already sees the future, and told us the future in the Book of Revelation in the Bible.  As for heaven and hell, here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.