Pregnant daughter can’t digest prenatal vitamins ?

Okay just this week I found out my daughter was pregnant, so I taken her to see my gynecologist and given her some prenatal like like she deserves. But however when she takes them she vomit. So I was wondering will over the counter vitamins will help? I haven’t been pregnant in years since I had her so I really don’t know.

There’s always some ignorant person on this site talking sarcastic. If you can’t answer nice please don’t at all

ask the dr.....................

Thats not uncommon and the usual culprit is the iron in prenatal vitamins. Check the ingredients to see if it contains ferrous gluconate-- it's notorious for causing stomach upset. Switching to a vitamin that has ferrous sulfate instead might resolve the problem. Either way, she should eat something before taking the vitamins or take them later in the day.

You could try other brands or types of prenatal vitamins.

You could also have her try taking the vitamin at a different time of the day.  The ONLY way I could take a prenatal vitamin was to take it in the evening with my dinner.  If I took it any other time of the day, I would feel sick.

Since nausea is usually most common in the mornings, avoid taking the vitamin in the morning and try taking it afternoon or evening instead - and take it with food.

Try the gummy ones.

She needs to find the prenatal vitamins in a form that she can tolerate. Or, she needs to take them on top of a meal.   She could find them, perhaps, in a lower dose and then take multiple units throughout the day to reach the proper daily dose. These vitamins ARE being made in forms that are more tolerable for some women.  Shop around, ask for advice from a pharmacist or nutritionist that understands vitamin availability and dosage.