Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 1 month ago

Is this a photo or a painting?

Is the below a photo or could it be an artwork??

Yes, thanks for helping out...I asked him on Facebook what part of this is his art, he said he put some epoxy in the bowl and painted the fish on that using acrylic paint...so... 

He is actually a kid probably a teen-ager...

4 days ago

There are people who paint hyperrealistic, but the fish and water look a bit odd to me. I don't know whether that's painted or not, but it does look slightly different than the rest of the photograph. But then again, the red background could be painted as well. 

• John P

It is definitely a photograph. The subject matter has obviously been deliberately arranged as you see it, so the whole thing might be called an artwork.

The more I zoom in on that picture the more it looks like a photograph. The stainless steel bowl is sitting on a surface that may be painted.The water, the droplets, the fish and the reflected light and shadows definitely look like a photograph.

• JASON

Looks like a photo, but there are people who paint hyperreal paintings.

It's clearly a photo.

• Petter

A photo can also be art, no?