Anon asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 month ago

I'm Sicilian, would I have North African ancestry too? ?

That genetic tie is very much seen in Sicilians because Sicily is a small boat ride away from Africa. In fact, Sicilians are always surprised to learn that. It is very similar to Irish people finding out they have origins from Spain, due to the Spanish Armada in Ireland. I'm mostly Irish and have 3% Spain, and my Irish friends also have 3% Spain. But historically it makes sense going back generations. I think people are bound to intermingle at some point in time. 

Absolutely no way of knowing w/o any further research zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Possibly as Sicily was conquered by the Moors, as well as several other groups.  If you really want to know have DNA testing done/

Maybe.......................................

Yes, since we are all just related biologically.

Source(s): KJV.
  • John P

Fairly likely, but not certainly. And it depends on how far back you go. Try 200,000 years and almost everybody on Earth has a common ancestor.

It's possible but not guaranteed.

• Ludwig

Yes, also Albanian.

• Maxi

No one knows who their ancestors were until they research and prove them.......... and ancestry research or genealogy is only about who you can prove from written records, not about potential prehistoric ancestry from thousands of centuries ago

• Just about everyone has invaded Sicily and left their genetic mark.  The Albanians absorbed the Greek community, but they tend to be a closed group.  The rest of Sicily are a mix of ethnic Italian, Spanish, Arab, Phoenician, Moor, Berber and Norman.