How to deal with cattiness at the workplace? ?

The place where I work is very very competitive. 

I started working at this place in December. When I was in training I got along with everyone in the unit I work in.

So, it's a call center. There's the docs dept, customer service dept, referrals dept, and the conflict resolution dept. 

All areas of the company requires us all to meet a quota. In the referrals dept some of us have to met 15 referrals while some have to met 25 follow ups referrals. 

So once I did work on my own I stumbled a lot because I wasn't use to this type of work and we had to met the 15 referrals which was difficult to do sometimes because not every attorney will accept a referral. 

So then I got good at my work and was making referrals non stop. Once I got better people started being aloof towards me. They stopped asking "how many referrals did you do today?" because I started surpassing everyone. But when I was struggling they rubbed in people's faces how they did 17+ referrals. 

My record to date has been 26 referrals. No one has surpassed me yet. If they did I wouldn't care because I'm not like that. 

N2Mama, 

Be being "superior" is not the point. 

The point is that these people care more about creating tension and a toxic work environment because people have outperformed them. This isn't a competition. It's a job and that cattiness has no place at our job. 

• Tasm

When you were an underling, people expected you to report to them. The underlings are not going to try to get you to report to them. 

• n2mama

Hahahahaha-you say you wouldn’t care but you make sure to point out how superior you are to everyone else. Meow!