Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

My friend shoved an orange in a random cars exhaust pipe and it fit snug so air couldn't escape and it won't budge, what will happen?

• Andy C

He'll be sued for intentional damage if any occurs. 

Your "friend" did it.  Sure!! 

The engine might not start. 

We used to stick a potato into the exhaust pipe.  It often prevented the engine from starting.

When I was in elementary school I put a plastic Easter egg in the exhaust pipe on my Dad's truck, it fit perfectly but then we couldn't get it out.

I went and told my Dad, worried that he'd be mad. He didn't say a word, just grabbed his keys and came outside.

He started the truck and stepped on the gas and the egg shot out all the way across the front yard.

An orange is heavier and it might not just push out with the exhaust pressure like the light plastic Easter egg. It might get stuck and cause too much back pressure on the exhaust valves, causing the engine to stall out.

So to be safe, you should probably go get the orange out. You can use a knife or something sharp to cut the orange so you can hook onto it with something and pull it out.

• Bill

The orange will blow out or the exhaust system will break or the engine will quit running. It won’t blow the engine. When I was a teenager some of my buddies were having fun shooting potatoes out the exhaust pipes. One guy shoved a big one up his exhaust pipe, cranked the engine and floored it. His muffler exploded. It was his father’s car. Your friend is an idiot. 

Drill a hole in an orange and make orangina.

Well, it's going to fall somewhere between blowing the motor up and having the orange fall out of the exhaust with no damage done.  Your friend is an idiot.