Interview follow-up question?

It has been more than four days since I went to an interview and I still haven’t heard back from employer. I forgot to send a thank you email immediately after interview. Is it ok to send a follow-up email asking for updates to the employer or should I just give up on it. They told me it will take a couple of days to receive response so is it ok to still send an email thanking them and see whether they need anything else?

• ricky

Call and tell them you have an offer at another company. Tell them they need an answer right away. Tell them your concern about accepting the other offer is that you really felt like THEIR company is the perfect fit for you. 

• Give them at least a week to give them time to decide who they want for the job.

It's okay if you want to send them a thank you note, you can also follow up with the note. Usually I send one the day after the interview.