Is it true when you drink alcohol your liver changes and takes a long time to metabolize the alcohol? If so what exactly does it do?
- JanetLv 71 month ago
Alcohol is a poison. That is why you get "high" .. you are poisoning yourself.
It is the liver's job to remove toxins and poisons from your bloodstream, but overload your liver and it starts dying on you. THEN you really start to become irreversibly ill, until you finally die. These changes in your live take place slowly over time, but by the time it becomes apparent (you start being ill all the time) it is too late to fix it..
Alcohol also crosses the blood-brain barrier and kills brain cells. Your brain doesn't finish growing until your early-mid 20's, so brain damage from drinking doesn't have an OBVIOUS impact .. it just makes it harder to control your impulses, to manage your emotions .. and this can cause you to be a failure in everything you do for the rest of your life.
- DzeLv 71 month ago
it damages and creates scar tissue in the organ gradually reducing its effectiveness until it doesnt function enough to support the body anymore .. then you die ..