What does this dream mean?

My mother has been describing nightmares about her mom who passed away four years ago, in the dream she is sitting on the couch asking my mom why she is leaving when she has her children to take care of (even though we are all grown) she says she usually replies with work or groceries then the dream ends.

I’ve been having financial issues and praying to my grandma everyday for things to get better me and my mom live together I don’t know if these could be connected.

No, your financial issues wouldn't effect your mother's dreams, unless she knows about this, and is worried for you.  Does she know you are having financial issues? By asking aid from your dead grandmother, you have connected the two subjects in the dream.  So if your mother does the same, then it would be quite normal to dream of your grandmother who has passed on.  It is a question of who holds the knowledge or info about your finances. 

maybe she misses her mom

maybe she misses her mom