Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 1 month ago

Is it normal I didn't know there was a country called Brazil till today ?

I'm 29

It's a little weird. Pick up a book.  Google things you don't know.  You will get better fast.

Regret to say it shows a degree of ignorance, which is forgivable if you are a child, but adolescents and adults should be aware that such a country exists. 

Brazil is the largest country in South America. 

Its formal title is 'The United States of Brazil'. 

The capital city is 'Brasilia'.  NEITHER Rio de Janeiro NOR Sao Paulo. 

The head of state is a president. 

The official language is a dialect of Portuguese, and in that language the name is written as 'Brasil'.

I would politely suggest you obtain an Atlas or Globe and study the names and locations of all the countries in the world. 

• F

You’re nuts!    

• John P

At the age of 5 or 6 I knew all the countries of the world as they were in the early 1950s, because I had the use of a world atlas and I was interested in that sort of thing. I certainly knew that Brazil was a huge country in South America.

Then I had to re-learn some of them in the 1960s and 70s because the African ones, especially, changed their names as we in Europe and Britain decolonised.  But never mind, things are always changing.

I am a little surprised that you had not heard of Brazil until recently, especially as the Olympic Games were held there not so long ago. Don't you remember all those women in brief bikinis doing beach volleyball?

Note that some languages spell the name as 'Brasil'. 

No. Brazil os one the main coffee exporter in the world. You could have known this country from this aspect. Brazil is famous in football & won the World Cup 5 times. If you are a football fans, you will easily know this country.

no, not  really........................

Normal for republicans.

Fake news - - that's the name of one type of nut

Named after a plantation owner 

I think you're Trolling.......................... 

• well the good thing is  it's called Brasil,  and you do now..