Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 months ago

Do you think NFL and NBA players will have to take a pay cut when all the white people stop watching?

Either that or they'll be "Out of Business" with no pay.  We'll watch college football instead or little league.  Americans survive, but don't disrespect our flag or our anthem.

• bill

I don't think they can ignore the tv ratings plummeting when there are also no fans at games to buy product.

We'll see if the NFL with it's majority white demographic watches the tv ratings for the NBA and limits BLM antics in their games.

In the NHL almost 0 players took a knee and the media didn't even push back on it.

• Kurt

If attendance drops at games and TV ratings fall, owners won't feel obligated to pay out bigger salaries. It's business. They could strike, but will lose this time.

• RICK

All white people won't stop watching. In fact I know lots of whited who plan on watching more

I used to sell trading cards for a living. The players would go on strike or management would lock them out. The fans would be outraged making all kinds of threats how they were done w/ the sport. Once the dispute was settled, without fail, one by one they came back unable to resist what they originally fell in love with. I wouldn't expect your little boycott w/ the racists to make much difference. There are millions of unborn/soon to be fans who will more than take your place. American professional sports ALWAYS emerge out of adversity even stronger. Look at the historical value of the teams if you don't believe me.

• KennyB

"All the white people?"  A recent poll showed that 75% of Americans support these players in their visible protests at sporting events that rely on their athletic talents to be viable.  So, no.

They're so non-essential to my life that I really don't care what they do.

The Players will go on strike if they have to take a pay cut.

They WILL CLAIM that they are now being paid "Slave" wages!

BTW,

K EN knee, aren't 75% of N.F.L. players Black?

What happened to diversity?