Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 5 months ago

Can the doctor test if someone is allergic to alcohol ?

2 Answers

  • 5 months ago
    Favourite answer

    No, but you can tell if  you drink it. I am not allergic to alcohol. I can drink in the evening and wake with no hangover or headache. Hangover is a manifestation of allergy, and persistence and degree are indicators of the severity of the allergy.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    There is no such thing as an alcohol allergy.

    Alcohol intolerance is usually diagnosed by taking a patient history.   Yes, there is an ethanol patch that can be applied to test for sensitivity/reaction rather than consuming alcohol orally.

    Allergies and intolerances are not the same thing.  People often (incorrectly) use the words interchangeably. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.