If someone breaks down your door and enters you can use lethal force. Does this include police officers doing a “no knock” warrant?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Of course you have the right to defend yourself in your own home, but not without consequences. Just look at Breonna Taylor's killing...her boyfriend had a legal firearm and opened fire at what he thought were intruders. Because he fired shots at the police, they were legally justified to return fire which is why any murder charge is very unlikely. A truly sad event caused solely by the sheer incompetence and disregard for lives by the officers!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends. In the Castle Law states. they still have to cross the threshold. In other words, you can't  shoot if they are simply outside the door. And, you have to drag the body  Inside if it falls outside, too.

Sorry, no knock warrants arent included, Cops Must ID self though, have "Police" or "PCSD" or whatever easily seen on their shirts.

Still there  is Jose Guerena, no one knew they were cops, no ID, and darkened  hallway. He sat there with a rifle But did not  point it. Still got shot. Widow got 3 million.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Guerena_shootin...

• D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you believe in life after death, you can comfort yourself now by thinking about how righteous you will feel in the afterlife that the police wrongfully killed you. Myself, I'd let the cops trash the place and scare the hell out of me instead of getting myself shot dead by raising a gun at them.

• 1 month ago

Anonymous is a little scared *****

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure u can, make my day punk.

• Dan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Police shootouts do happen. Usually innocent people don't fire at police because the police are trained, fully armed, and work in a team. If you raise a weapon they won't hesitate to kill you.  

After you are dead, no one will prosecute you for using lethal force.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes it does.  You may have to defend yourself in court.  You will need to show you acted reasonably given ALL the facts and circumstances. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.