Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Why do we misunderstand each other like this?

I have a girlfriend of some months, I am really fond of her and love her a lot while she is extremely insecure about my love and always questions it. The day I realized it was when we were cuddling on the bed and I started kissing her like I never did before, like I was hungry of love, basically I showered her with kisses everywhere, face, forehead, chest, neck. At some point I hear her sobbing while I was havung my face on her chest. I asked her what I did wrong, what happened... she just told me 'no one has ever loved me before, or just held my hand'. I was like 'better off, so that you are only mine'. She just replied that I didn't understand anything, that it didn't have to do with past boyfriends but with the fact that all girls had a boyfriend who loved them and protected them, held their hands, consoled them, while she went through everything alone. I know about the sorrow my girlfriend went through but I didn't mean to hurt her. I just was happy that no one loved her and I was the one to give her all that she always missed. She misunderstood my intentions and a disagreement started between us, with her thinking I am selfish.

• Trish

Take it for what it's worth my husband says.

Your question is in the friendship section though.

Sounds like he’s really insecure and finds it hard to accept love since she hasn’t had it for so long 

• Prince

So you're not married and have been carrying on like this on a BED for months. You're ruining her instead of marrying her. You're the worst thing to happen to her yet.

• Tj

Yes, she did misunderstand what you told her.

This can happen, unfortunately. Don't be mean about her crying. Unless that is what you really feel.

REPORT the pervert FETISH troll.

If she is insecure it will be difficult to persuade her how special she is. Show your appreciation of her and praise her in specific ways, as in, "what I love about you is the way you....." Show your feelings as well as voicing them: flowers (her favourite ones - knowing what they are demonstrates that you listen to her), take her to her favourite places, etc.

No two people can understand each other 100% - there may be a few exceptions that do not apply here. Be accepting, don't challenge what she says or does. 

Good Luck!

You've never even been near a woman. If you do ever get the chance, she'll run a mile the minute she reads your sobbing fantasies.

Oh look.   It's the "Why" troll for the 10923874092347239847th time.