Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

What type of women go to planned parenthood ?

• Edna

I think all types of women might go to Planned Parenthood. I'm white. I had recently moved to Corpus Christi, Texas. My prescription for birth control pills was about to expire. I hadn't yet located a new private practice physician. and a friend recommended that I go to Planned Parenthood; so I made an appointment with Planned Parenthood in order to be examined and obtain a new prescription that I could take to the drug store and have filled. Planned Parenthood charged me a small fee for the examination. The receptionist, the nurses, and the doctor treated me no differently than a private practice physician would have. and they were all very courteous and polite.

I didn't notice any particular "types" of women in the waiting room - they were all just women.  

• Lauren

Women seeking inexpensive healthcare, and those who actually want to *plan when they become parents. You know... the minimum of what most ppl do when they buy a *cat. So... not a bad thing. 

I donate monthly! 

Majority of the time it's Black and Hispanic women.

• rick

Those that don't want to become dependent on welfare. The best type!!!

Generally poor ones without the insurance to get their cancer screenings and birth control elsewhere. 

The kind who need cheap birth control.

All sorts I would imagine.  It's always best to make financial and emotional plans for parenthood.