Green Puffin asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

How many people actually enjoy commuting by cycling?

Bear in mind that cycling is great for keeping you fit and healthy and probably protect you from suffering from the dreaded lurgey!

Update:

I always enjoy cycle commuting, especially if it's not too windy, heavy rain or too hot!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Sadly, statistics for this are not kept up-to-date very well.  I did find one from 2017.  According to it, commuting by bike from 2000 to 2017 is up 43%.  Not surprising is New York City with 51,733 commuters.  The highest percentage based on population is David, CA. at 15.5%.  https://bikeleague.org/sites/default/files/Where_W...

On April 29, 2011 a downtown "bike station" opened in St. Louis with 24 hour access, showers, locker rooms and over 120 bike racks.  https://www.bigshark.com/about/downtown-bicycle-st...  

As for myself...TWELVE years without a car.  And before any Anonymous Trolls sneak in with some snide remark, twelve years WITHOUT an incident, accident or ticket.  How many motorists can say that?  One parting thought...LOST over 100 lbs.

Get yourself a good bike (nothing from a discount store) - add a rear rack & panniers (saddle bags).  Ta Da!  You have a "commuter bike".     

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

I use to ride it every to work and back. It freezes my aging. Kept me healthy.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

706,497 people enjoy commuting by cycling.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I found cycling irritated my anus.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • funnel
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

The same amount wonder bread builds strong bodies 12 ways.

• 1 month ago

I did when I lived in Italy.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Most the people who do it are cycling fanatics but the rest of the office has to put up with their sweaty smell

• D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I guess that very few bicycle commuters do it ONLY because it is a cheap way to get to work. When I worked at a regular job, I looked forward to riding to work. It was fun. Granted, I usually had a fairly shady light traffic route without terrible hills. But I think most people do it because they like it.

• Jon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Given the availablity of other options, presumably most cycle commuters enjoy it, at least enough to keep doing it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only a halfwit rides a bicycle. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.