Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

Can I still sue a doctor after 10 years?

I was 13 at the time and the new thing around school was nut checking. I still remember the pain of waking up and my sack swollen to a size of a fist. So i went to the ER and they gave me a shot to the butt. Then i followed up with my family doctor. The swelling went down i still experienced 3-6 on the pain scale when walking. But when the pain went away my testicle has been shrunken down to nearly non existent. I asked my family doctor on every follow up and he insisted that it was normal. Now that im older and im no doctor but i did ask around and most say if the treatment was right i wouldnt have had to lose one of my testicles. And i stil live in minor pain sometimes it comes back but its a 1-2 but not severe. Not to mention the affects it has on a mans psych which is detrimental and i have to live with it for the rest of my life.

P.S. i didnt say i lost it i said it shrunk to a size of a small bean.

Different jurisdictions have different statutes of limitations on such things. Go talk to a medical malpractice lawyer. Then go talk to a cosmetic surgeon because testicles are easily replaced with prosthetics for aesthetic purposes. They even do that with some show dogs. Pretty sure Lance Armstrong has had this surgery. 

Your first step is to actually get an exam and have a Dr evaluate the damage.

I'm not buying it, sorry.  You can't just magically lose a testicle without some operation to remove it.  You would've mentioned this in your description, but you didn't.