Good excuse to quit my job?

So I for sure hate my job and want to quit. Problem is I’m sorta of cowardly to tel them straight up. So if you can please list some of your greatest excuses to leave a job

12 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Do NOT quit your job until you secure another one first.  In America, ALL 50-states are 'at-will'...........meaning, an employer can let an employee go for NO reason and an employee can quit a job for NO reason.

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Once you are gone from that workplace, the memory of your existence there will soon fade and nobody there will even think about you. So have no worries in saying 'I quit' and leave it at that. 

One thing you can be certain of, if the bosses in that workplace ever wanted to fire you for any reason they would simply say 'You are leaving on such and such date' and would think no more of it beyond any legal requirements.

Good luck in finding a new, better job. And a word of advice - man up a little.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Best thing to do it be honest.

If you really *can't* be up front, telling them (knock on wood) a family member passed and your family needs help and support right now, or you plan on moving to a different town/state because something came up, a serious matter with a death in the family.. 

• 1 month ago

Pregnancy, returning to college, spouse is moving, found a new/better/ more suited to me position/closer to home (even if you are lying).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • You don't have to give them a reason, give them a resignation letter and 1-2 weeks notice.

• A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You do not have to give a reason, tell them your last day will be  ZXXX and that is it

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you don't like the job, just quit. It's probably obvious to your employer and co-workers you hate your job, so just do them a favor and leave.

• 1 month ago

You do not need any "excuse." You simply need to write a letter of resignation giving appropriate notice (commonly two weeks' notice for most jobs). You can always say you're leaving "to pursue another opportunity."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Jesus. Just stop showing up.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Grow up.  You don't need to give them a reason.  It's none of their business why you are leaving.

Dear Boss Nasty,

Please consider this letter notification of my resignation effective (insert date). 

I have enjoyed my time at (insert company) and appreciate the learning opportunities that have been provided to me.

Sincerely,

Punk employee

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.