Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

I dont get...  explain Vegan lifestyle..?

I love meat...  I wont change but love to know Veg logic if your willing to learn a fool..

When i was vegan i didnt get it either. overall vegan lifestyle is just plain sad. Its basically just being trying to be a better vegan so they make up these fake ways of they are a better vegan then the rest of vegans. Veganism feeds your ego only, not your health in any way. 

Being a fool and willing to learn are two different things. A fool believes that what they know is all that's needed to be known. Those willing to learn, even though they don't intend to change aren't fools. Now I'm by no means a vegan or even a vegetarian, just for the sake of some clarity first.

Now the simplest way to start, is where veganism has drawn its basis from.That's from one of the Jain principles of  Ahimsa. The Ahimsa principle used is to do the least amount of harm, and the avoidance of violence against others. For vegans specifically it means avoiding as much as possible, and where practical avoiding anything that may harm or bring harm to other animals. That means they will abstain from not only eating the flesh of other animals, but also other foods derived therein from animals such as dairy eggs and honey. However they also avoid things such as leather silk and wool. They will whenever and where ever also avoid those things tested on animal, specifically makeup, personal care items, along with colognes and perfumes.

It is as you had correctly posted in your question, an actual full lifestyle. The diet though that they follow is derived from vegetarianism, and specifically the strict vegetarian diet. So with all of that said veganism goes beyond diet. A concept that so many miss, and think that veganism is diet, and diet only when there's more to it than just a diet.

However the strict vegetarian diet vegans follows lack one and only one essential micronutrient, vitamin B12. The nutrients DHA, DPA, and EPA are not now nor has ever been classed as essential micronutrients. Yes some can be harder to acquire through foods, but a well planned strict vegetarian CAN BE healthy, with the caveat that it won't work for everyone, contrary to claims otherwise. The basis of that came from a vegan I knew many years ago, and helped me start learning more about diet and nutrition.

they Love animals

so do i Roasted Baked Fried Grilled

• Anton

Bottom line for being vegan -- " cruel and inhuman"

Cruel --  https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/defi...

" having a desire to cause physical or mental pain and make somebody suffer "

People do not want to animals physical or mental pain.  The food industry works to reduce animal pain.

Not to mention that "somebody" can only be a person, an individual human.

Inhuman -- https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/defi...

" not showing sympathy or kind feelings for people who are suffering; very cruel "

Again, "inhuman" only applies to people, human beings.

Food animals are not people.  Few people want to hurt animals, and it illegal to do so.

Life is not fair.

For me, and I will only speak for myself, it is to try to eat a cleaner diet, and do no harm to any animal. There is no need to eat meat, or use an animal byproduct when there are perfectly suitable vegan options. 

• Daisy

There is the vegan diet which consists of ONLY plant foods. No meat, eggs, dairy or foods containing them. But you do need to add manufactured supplements into the diet. There are some nutrients not found in plants. Vitamin B12, DHA.......

The vegan "lifestyle" includes the diet, plus use animals in no way. No visits to the zoo, no pets, no horseback riding, no leather shoes, belts, bags, etc.

Don't be silly. A diet isn't a “lifestyle”.

In short: it's cruel and inhuman. Why do we get to decided which creature dies and which lives, we have no right to decided a living beings life. Our earth is dying, cruelty is normalized, and people care about their precious lil bacon,, a life for a few minutes of pleasure.. disgusting.  

Wow I got 5 dislikes for speaking facts😅

• Orla

Billy Billy its all personal preference. Do you understand ?

There is no point wasting time trying to teach a fool.

If you can't figure it out by a simple Google search or by using your own brain, you're beyond hope.