Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Who is tired of all this Social Justice nonsense in sports?

I'm really getting tired of social justice or any form of activism on the field or court. Sports should be a neutral setting where everyone should be able to enjoy it without differences in ideology. It's supposed to be a uniting factor and an act of diplomacy. Yet, after being bombarded with politics in the news, sports has decided to carry the baton forward and it really just is annoying now. I really don't care what you believe, but leave that outside of sports. Let everyone enjoy it without worry or fear of being judged of their opinions. 

I think people should take back control and protest sports across the board and let these teams go bankrupt, our kids look up to these morons who live a life and luxury and seclusion who have no clue what its like to be poor while raising children, many may come from those back grounds, but they certainly forgot their roots and the history of politics in America, we should not be divided by our political affiliation, all this division stems from a few bad people who become the symbols for something none related.... sports is intended to be for entertainment, that's why I reject comedians who's comedy acts center around politics, that's why late night comedy is coming to an end, people are burned out.

Politics should be left out of sports.  When you are a pro athlete,  you are on the payroll and on the job and should not be engaging in political activism, something that would get you fired in a normal job.  Greg Popovich, kneeling players, and their ESPN pundit-wannabees can say bye to high ratings as fans like me find something else to do.

Me. It got old a long time ago. I miss the days of sports being sports.

Libtards have politicized everything in the US, it makes an unpleasant living condition for everyone.

Really? You prefer a return to the days when the NBA was all-white?

No place for it in sports.  All lives matter

Well, KKK still has their rallies. People let them be. It's freedom of speech. Just leave people alone if you don't like what they have to say. I'm sure people say something to you if they disagree but we aren't supposed to tell people that they can't say something and how they can't say it. People are allowed to disagree with you but they shouldn't limit freedom of speech. If someone disagrees with you why are you so offended? People can have different opinions & povs. We all need to just let each other be.

They're athletes if they want to say something they can. They aren't clowns. They're people. They still perform for you and play the game. Just watch and enjoy the game. If they say something about how they feel. It's not a judgment you. You aren't up for display. It's their right to take the risk to up themselves up for display. No one knows you. They aren't saying anything personal to you. They just want to express how they feel. If you don't want to hear it. You don't have to watch it. No one is forcing you to watch, just take a break until playtime. You have the right to not listen. I don't get what the big deal is.

FYI, what we're really dealing within our society is people feeling like they aren't understood or heard. No one feels understood. Understanding is the opposite of judgement. In this country white people & black people do not understand each other. It is impossible for a white man to know what it's like to be black and a black person to know how it feels to be white. It is possible to bridge the gap if both sides try. You can choose to try to understand or you can choose to be angry. Even if people judge you have the right to your choices.

Also, IMO severe SJWs are in the wrong for trying to force everyone to have their opinion. Likewise, for anti-protest people. I think it's wrong to tell people they can't protest and they have no right to feel how they feel.

I wish we could send them to the sun.

Yes sports should get back to being sports not moral lecturing society of how it should behave.

• Ann

I am and apparently soccer fans in Dallas. It's funny how those players have the right to kneel but fans don't have the right to boo them for it.