Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

How do I explain to Democrats that Bernie Sanders was the compromise for me and that the Green Party is my default voting preference?

The Green Party has been my default voting preference since 2012. I only ever vote Democrat when there isn't a Green on the ballot for a particular office or when a specific candidate stands out to me. Otherwise, most Democrats are way too far to the right for me to even consider and many have absolutely terrible track records. For someone like me, voting for the Biden/Harris ticket is almost as unconscionable as voting for the Trump/Pence ticket. I just cannot bring myself to do it.

One wonders why you even bother. It's not like all the rioters in the streets support the Democratic Party either. Just wear your Howie Hawkins shirt (and have fun explaining to the ignorants who he is). 

Vote for who suits you the best.

That's easy.  You don't explain nuffin.  Not to democrats, not to the green party, not to Bernie, not even to your mom.  Problem solved.

You mark your ballot as you see fit, and nobody knows or cares how you voted.  If you really want to fit in with the mainstream kids, you can always lie and nobody will ever know.

i total agree especially after the revolution is done.  the DNC picked dumbass old racist biden and fascist kamala

• Orla

In the real world voters, especially suburban women, CEO's, financial institutions and minorities are flocking to Biden/Harris. Donations are pouring in to the Democratic Party. And in the end Trump will be in Federal prison. People are tired of his crimes and lies and racism. That sounds a bit more realistic, don't you think ?