Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

Is this rude, or am I overreacting?

My boyfriend can be rude in his tone sometimes, he could just snap at me or look at me in disgust for something so small like if I ask him to keep the door closed because I’m getting dressed and don’t want his roommates seeing me naked. I’ve tried calling him out but he denies it and says it’s all in my head. Last night I told him that it upsets me when he says that, and I’d prefer him to try and understand where I’m coming from instead of making me out to be crazy. He argued so much that I gave up in frustration. A few hours later,  at 1am he calls me because he couldn’t sleep and I said “I know we both got pretty heated before and I feel guilty, are you ok? Is that why you can’t sleep?” He says “well if that’s what’s in your head I can’t control it” - he literally just reworded exactly what I said upsets me. But he said that I’m overthinking again and it’s a fact that he can’t control my thoughts 

He clearly wont even accept the fact he has a problem. He just wants to pretend he doesn't snap at you and your just overrating. Leave him, if he does this with something like this it wont change and will carry onto other things. 

Sounds like he has a big problem and needs to seek professional help. And you need to break it off with him.

Gaslighting, baby. Get rid of this chump. 

• night

I think the bigger issues are his refusal to even try to see things from your point of view, acknowledge your feelings, and his dismissiveness of you in general. Why is he your boyfriend???

He's not the one for you. You're not necessarily overreacting, you are just different from him and don't see eye to eye on issues that are important to you.