cierra asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

need braces expander out ?

i just got a palette expander installed and it is the worst thing i’ve ever had to go through braces wise, i have an extremely bad lisp now and nobody can understand me at all. i’ve tried watching videos of other people with one to see if their lisp is as bad as mine and it isn’t. so i cant believe when people are saying it gets better speech wise. my question is if i asked my orthodontist to do treatment without it do you think they’d do it or do you think they’d say if we take it out we have to end treatment altogether? they said i’d need this on for just about my full treatment and i’m sorry but i can’t do that. i’m going into college next year and i’m applying to jobs, i’d rather have semi crooked teeth than deal with this when pretty soon i’m gonna be doing nothing but speaking to people. i hate this. 

• Rick B

It gets better.  My kids learned to talk without a lisp after about two weeks.