Emma asked in HealthDental · 6 months ago

At what velocity/speed would I need to swish water in order to clean my teeth?

don like brushing my teeth, like the swishy noise of swishing water around.

Just water isn't enough. Toothpaste works similar as to how soap works, the stuff they put in it makes it so the dirty bits basically get surrounded by the product and are able to come loose. Water doesn't have those ingredients so it won't take the "dirt" away unless they are big chunks that easily fall off. Especially if you're not using a toothbrush.

If there's a reason that you can't brush your teeth with toothpaste and a toothbrush the least you can do is switch up the water with mouthwash, it's still not going to completely clean your teeth but it's better than water because no matter how fast you swish it around it's never going to be properly clean.

Hope this helps Emma!

Get an aqua-pick or water-pick device -- far more effective than brushing or swishing (and gives the same feeling a swishing although the devices are a bit noisy).

Brushing your teeth is a must. Unless you want a disgusting mouth and a disgusting breath.