Anonymous

would it be safe to visit a Chinese market / grocery story now? (if wear a face mask)?

why or not?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

--  Yes, my wife constantly visits Chinese markets and Chinese supermarkets here in Australia. As we live in Victoria, which is the worst hit state in Australia, it is compulsory for wearing face masks.

--  If you are in the US, visiting any place, with a mask or not, will be dangerous because many people are not wearing masks and the spread of the virus is more rampant.

• 3 weeks ago

I will not eat nor go to a Chinese place of business because they eat dogs and cats so how do you know these places are legit?

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you live in the U.S., of course it's safe to visit a Chinese market/grocery store. Chinese markets/grocery stores in the U.S. don't get their merchandise from China. They get it from the same distributors that every other market/grocery store in the U.S. uses.

You can wear a mask, if you want to do so; but it's not necessary.  It's completely up to you.

• 1 month ago

What's the difference between visiting an asian market vs a regular grocery store? It seems kind of racist that you are even asking this question... 

Only you can decide the risk/vs rewards.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

well i wouldn't, just regarding the fact of meat quality and how the virus probably spread to the US in different ways or what not but in my assumption a mask would be irreverent considering the new outbreak in salmonella and the possible spread for covid.. but then again was later determined that it was probably the people spreading it instead of transmission on meat.    

• rodcom
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It would be just as safe as going to any other market/grocery store.  If you feel safe at Walmart, then you are just as safe at a Chinese market.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.